Blissful 2016 is here! As we start this New Year, these 10 life lessons from Admiral McRaven are a great resource for all of us.
Admiral McRaven was the speaker at the University of Texas at Austin, and he shared 10 most important life lessons to change the world – for better.
The University’s slogan is, “What starts here changes the world”. Being the founder and CEO of InXero, a member company of University of Texas Austin Technology Incubator, myself and my team believe in this slogan. During my entrepreneurial journey, these lessons continue to inspire me. Please allow me to share these with you as they apply to any entrepreneurial team and CEOs who are trying the make a positive impact in our beautiful world. Hope you find these life lessons helpful in powering UP your business every day, building a great culture in your organization and realizing the mission of your company.
Here are the 10 lessons Admiral McRaven learned from his basic SEAL training that hopefully will be of value to you as you set your resolutions and goals for 2016.
This (19:26) video has the full recording:
- Start your day by making your bed.
- Find someone to help you paddle.
- Measure a person by the size of their heart and not the size of their flippers – Attitude and heart can outweigh other qualities.
- Keep moving forward.
- Don’t be afraid of the circuses.
- Down the obstacle head first – be innovative in tackling the difficult situations in board rooms or anywhere.
- Don’t back down from the Sharks.
- Be your very best in the darkest moment.
- Start signing when you are up to your neck in mud.
- Never give up – don’t ever, ever ring the bell.
The ultimate key to success, Admiral McRaven says, is never to ring the bell.
Every day is a present we receive. With the practice of these 10 life lessons, we all can make every day meaningful to change the world for better. Thank you Admiral McRaven for inspiring us!
Hook ’em horns!
If you like these life lessons or would like to share your own with everyone, please share your thoughts and ideas.